Access Management software Open source
Many educators might have been hesitant in the past regarding embracing open source software. But not anymore as the number that has taken to open source software (OSS) has increased significantly over the years. As more teachers as well as institutions are now engaging with organizations such as Open Source Schools, SchoolForge among others. Consequently, these educators have begun to realize the potential inherent in OSS that can help transform education in many ways.
Now, here is a list of open source applications that is available to assist educators in teaching as well as in inspiring their students:
openSIS otherwise known as “Open Source Student Information System” is a school administration application. And, it claims to reduce ownership cost for a school district by as much as 75% when compared with commercial systems of the same capability.
This application includes:
- Attendance: By period, by day, with comments and all accomplished with a only a few clicks. Customize attendance codes to meet your specific needs. Easily check attendance by using the built-in reports.
- Contact information: Easily add contact information for parents, relatives and authorized individuals. Designate legal guardian, bus stops and associate parents with students enabling automatic access to the openSIS parent portal.
- Student demographics: openSIS enables the tracking of numerous student demographic attributes in a permanent record and across enrollments. Need something not included in the base installation? Use the custom categories and fields that allow you to easily create any number of custom fields to capture any specific data needs.
- Gradebook: The built in grade book allows teachers to enter homework assignments, class tests and any other activity using weighted scales if desired. Automatic tallying of grades, reports to find erroneously entered grades and advanced ad hoc reporting is included.
- Scheduling: openSIS includes a scheduler that allows you to easily input student requests and mass schedule students. You can make multiple schedule runs as you make adjustments and have multiple schedules within a school. View and print student schedules and class rosters with just a few clicks.
- Health records: Nurses visits, immunizations, physician contact information, allergies and more are all a part of the health records.
- Report cards: Easily input final grades, create student report cards and calculate GPA’s and class rankings.
The solutions is a 100% web-based application and has polished looks, a great deal of required functionality and appears to be easy to use based on the online demo website. openSIS is developed and maintained by Open Solutions for Education.
- ✔ gazeta lokalna Łęczyca, zdaniem sądu
You might also like
Wiki saysby slang_for_punch?
LAMP may stand for:
LAMP - Loveless (Lanier) Academic Motivational Program ,
LaMP - Last Metre Problem, in wireless communications,
LAMP - Laboratory for Advanced Media Production 
LAMP (software bundle), the open source web platform consisting of Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP
Lupus associated membrane protein
Linux Animation Movie Player, an apparently obsolete movie player for Linux
Library Access to Music Project, from MIT
Lockwood Analytical Method for Prediction
Lutheran Association of Missionaries and Pilots
Scholarly Communication in Library and Information Services: The Impacts of Open Access Journals and E-Journals on a Changing Scenario (Chandos Information Professional Series)
Book (Chandos Publishing)
VA releases internal audit summary of scheduling practices — FedScoop
FedScoop reported earlier this week that VA has known for more than a year of serious weaknesses in VistA's identity and access management controls, as well as the scheduling module's overall integration into the enterprise electronic health record system.
Channel Sources Mediafour Macdrive V.9.0 Standard (md90-e0wr) -
Management Strategies for the Cloud Revolution: How Cloud Computing Is Transforming Business and Why You Can't Afford to Be Left Behind
D-Link DIR-615 Wireless-N Router, 4-Port
CE (DLite Press)
Architecture of Network Systems (The Morgan Kaufmann Series in Computer Architecture and Design)
eBooks (Morgan Kaufmann)